The United Kingdom Police has said it is open to investigating allegations of sexual misconduct involving Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly Prince Andrew, following widening scrutiny linked to the late billionaire US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Detectives at Thames Valley Police said on Friday it had been in contact with a lawyer representing a potential victim following reports that a woman was taken to Windsor in 2010 “for sexual purposes”.
Police also clarified that their work is not limited to allegations of misconduct in public office, saying multiple lines of inquiry are being considered.
According to the force, the wider investigation is examining possible misconduct issues arising from documents released under the Epstein Files Transparency Act in the United States.

In a statement, the police said concerns involving the alleged 2010 incident remain under assessment, adding that engagement with the woman’s legal representative is ongoing.
“We have engaged with the woman’s legal representative to confirm that, should she wish to report this to police, it will be taken seriously and handled with care, sensitivity and respect for her privacy and her right for anonymity,” the statement said.
They added that any formal complaint would be treated seriously and handled with confidentiality and sensitivity, while reiterating their call for anyone with relevant information to come forward.
Mountbatten-Windsor was questioned earlier in the year over alleged misconduct in public office linked to his time as a UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011, though he has denied wrongdoing and has not been charged.
He was later stripped of remaining royal titles and relocated from Royal Lodge to the King’s Sandringham estate as scrutiny over his ties to Epstein heightened.
Trending 