Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East) have intercepted ₦37 million suspected to be linked to terrorist financing, the military announced on Monday.
The seizure forms part of Operation HADIN KAI, a coordinated effort to disrupt terrorist logistics and financial networks across northeastern Nigeria.
Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba, the military’s spokesperson, said the funds were discovered during a vehicle checkpoint search at the Forward Operating Base Chabbal.
“A thorough search of the vehicle resulted in the recovery of approximately thirty-seven million naira (₦37,000,000.00) carefully concealed in bags, alongside multiple mobile phones suspected to be linked to terrorist financing and coordination activities,” the military said.
“The interception represents a significant breakthrough in ongoing efforts to dismantle financial conduits suspected to support terrorist logistics and operational activities within the theatre.”

Earlier on February 16, troops of Sector 1, working with vigilante forces, carried out a night ambush along “a known terrorist crossing route frequently used by ISWAP elements transiting from the Cameroon axis into Nigeria.”
The military said the suspected terrorists, unaware of the troops’ concealed tactical deployment, “ran into effective enfilade fire and were forced to withdraw in disarray.”
Troops later recovered “a sizeable cache of critical logistics supplies assessed to be intended for terrorist resupply operations.”
It added that the operations reflect “a deliberate approach to weaken terrorist elements from within and limit their capacity to regenerate combat power.”
The military high command commended the troops for their “vigilance, utmost professionalism, resilience,” stating that morale “remains high” as operations continue across the Northeast.
Trending 