I Have No Agreement With Tinubu – Adeleke

Adeleke Hails Police Over Suspect's Arrest Adeleke Hails Police Over Suspect's Arrest
Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke. Credit: Osun State Government.

Re-elected Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke said he has no agreement with President Bola Tinubu and is supporting his re-election bid out of personal conviction.

Adeleke stated this during an exclusive interview with Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.

“I never reach an agreement with President Tinubu,” Adeleke said.

Advertisement

Read More

“My support is just based on he is a Yoruba man and his from South West. And I believe that all the federal roads that he has started, I want to encourage him not to forget South West too.”

The governor’s comment came after Aviation Minister Festus Keyamo welcomed Adeleke’s endorsement of Tinubu, writing on X, “Thank you, Governor Ademola Adeleke, for the public and unequivocal endorsement of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the 2027 Presidential Election. You are a man of integrity and honour. ‘Agreement is agreement.'”

Adeleke’s campaign council, however, rejected any suggestion of a political deal.

“Do not undermine the resilience of Osun people. There is no agreement. Our support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is based on his performance and reforms that have strengthened states economically,” said Pelumi Olajengbesi, spokesperson for the Imole Campaign Council, in a post on X.

Adeleke Reaffirms Support for Tinubu in 2027
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Credit: The Chronicles.

The governor, who secured a second term in the August 15 governorship election, also said he had instructed the state’s attorney general to withdraw the suit filed against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of the state government’s bank accounts.

“I’m putting them behind. What else do I want? I have instructed my attorney general to drop it. Mr President has done well. He called me. What more do I want? He has made it and signed it in,” Adeleke said.

The EFCC froze an Osun State Government bank account earlier in August as part of an investigation into the alleged handling of about N11 billion in Ecology Funds, intervention funds and Federation Account Allocation Committee funds.

Read More

The development triggered a dispute between the commission and the Adeleke administration, with the governor describing the action as politically motivated and taking the EFCC to court.

The controversy intensified because the restriction came about 10 days before the August 15 governorship election.

President Tinubu subsequently directed the EFCC to return to court to vacate the freezing order and discontinue the related action, saying the timing could create the impression that a federal agency was being used to interfere with the election.

Author

  • Jimisayo Opanuga

    Jimisayo Opanuga is a web writer in the Digital Department at News Central TV, where she covers African and international stories. Her reporting focuses on social issues, health, justice, and the environment, alongside general-interest news. She is passionate about telling stories that inform the public and give voice to underreported communities.

Share the Story

More From News Central TV

Advertisement

Keep Up to Date with the Most Important News

Weekly roundups. Sharp analysis. Zero noise.
The NewsCentral TV Newsletter delivers the headlines that matter—straight to your inbox, keeping you updated regularly.

×