A hospital in the Netherlands admitted a patient suspected of having Ebola and placed the individual in isolation for close monitoring and testing on Friday.
The Radboud University Medical Centre in Nijmegen said the patient has a “low suspicion” of Ebola infection, with full test results which is expected over the weekend. The hospital stated that the patient has been kept in a specialised isolation unit for observation, treatment, and further diagnosis but did not disclose the patient’s identity or travel history.

The Medical Centre previously made headlines in May after staff were placed in precautionary quarantine following the treatment of a patient with hantavirus. At the same time, the World Health Organisation (WHO) raised concern over an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, describing the situation as “deeply worrisome.”
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there are now nearly 750 suspected cases and 177 suspected deaths in the country. He noted that health authorities are working urgently to contain the outbreak as concerns about its spread grow.
Trending 