Uganda has confirmed three new cases of Ebola, bringing to five the total number of infections since the outbreak was first detected in the East African country on May 15, the health ministry said on Saturday.
The new patients include a Ugandan driver, a Ugandan health worker and a woman from the neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo, where a deadly outbreak has been spreading, the ministry said.
“Three new cases of the Ebola Virus Disease have been confirmed in the country,” the ministry said in a statement on X.
“The ministry continues to strengthen surveillance, case management, contact tracing and public awareness efforts to contain the outbreak and protect the health and safety of all Ugandans.”

Credit: CNN
The announcement came a day after the World Health Organisation said the risk from the outbreak had been raised to the highest level for the DRC.
On Thursday, Uganda suspended all public transport to the DRC after confirming two earlier Ebola cases, one infection and one death, involving Congolese nationals who crossed the border.
The Ebola outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo strain for which no approved vaccine exists, has killed more than 50 people in the DRC.
Trending 