A popular social media influencer accused of circulating false information about the Nigerian Army has been granted bail by a Federal High Court in the capital.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik on Monday set bail at five million naira for Justice Chidebere, widely known as Justice Crack, who faces prosecution by the Department of State Services over a viral video concerning military welfare.
DSS charged Crack as sole defendant in case number FHC/ABJ/CR/253/2026, alleging he published false information and materials capable of inciting public unrest.
The blogger was arrested by the Nigerian Army after posting on his X handle, @JusticeCrack, claims that soldiers were being inadequately fed.

The government opened its case on Monday by calling its first witness, Uruntu Douglas, a DSS operative. Douglas told the court he had recorded the defendant’s extrajudicial statement after Crack was transferred from the Nigerian Army Intelligence Defence Corps to DSS custody.
The witness said Crack cooperated voluntarily, and investigators extracted data from his phone. Among the materials found were pictures sent by soldiers complaining about their welfare, which the blogger later posted across his Instagram, Facebook, X, YouTube and TikTok accounts.
The court admitted screenshots of these social media pages as exhibits. However, defence counsel objected to the admission of a flash drive and the defendant’s phone, arguing they had not been given prior access to the contents of those devices.
The court had been unable to hear the bail application last Thursday due to a dispute between two lawyers, each claiming to have been retained by Crack.
Trending 