The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has released additional documents to defend the office’s legitimacy in response to allegations that it is a fake federal agency.
Nwabueze shared the documents on his LinkedIn page on Sunday, including a letter dated July 19, 2010, which he said demonstrated the office’s longstanding links with the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
The letter, referenced NIG@ 50/S. 7/C,3/45, was purportedly signed by Dominic Y.E. for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and addressed to “Buchi George,” then identified as the Executive Director of The Hats Centre in Owerri, Imo State.
Titled “RE: ENDORSEMENT OF OUR PROJECT, MADE IN NAIJA, TO BE HELD IN IRELAND,” the letter acknowledged receipt of a proposal dated July 16, 2010, seeking endorsement for a “Made in Naija” project to be held in Ireland as part of Nigeria’s 50th anniversary.
The letter stated, “I am directed to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 16 July 2010 on the above subject and inform you that you should forward your proposal to the Nigerian High Commission in Ireland for possible consideration.”
It added, “Please accept the assurances of the warm regards of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”
Nwabueze, while commenting on the document, argued that the history of the programme showed that it had been connected to the OSGF for years.
“History and facts, from Made in Naija since 15th June 2010 to made in nigeria project office that is since 16 years in same OSGF Office,” he wrote.
He added, “How can you discover a 16 years programme in 2026, it’s means you have been blind, we are committed to the national development.”

However, the authenticity of the letter could not be independently confirmed.
Nwabueze subsequently shared graphics bearing the office’s logo and promoting its activities, including slogans such as “Localise national products, industrialise Nigeria” and “Our products. Our pride. Our progress.”
Another graphic listed objectives including promoting local manufacturing, creating jobs and wealth, reducing import dependency and improving Nigeria’s global competitiveness.
The latest documents were released amid an ongoing controversy over the status of the office following allegations by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission that it was a fake federal agency.
The ICPC had said its investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council led to the discovery of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office.
The commission alleged that the office had been allocated space within the OSGF premises without presidential authorisation and identified Nwabueze as its promoter.
Nwabueze, however, has consistently rejected the allegation, insisting that the office is a project office under the OSGF and has existed for 16 years.
In an earlier response, he said, “Made in Nigeria Special Project Office is a project office in the OSGF. We don’t know where fake agency comes from.”
He also previously shared an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, purportedly issued by the OSGF, conveying approval of his appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.
Another document he released showed that the office had sought special project status from the OSGF in April 2025.
The controversy followed the ICPC’s announcement that President Bola Tinubu had ordered Nwabueze’s arrest over his alleged role in running and promoting the outfit.
Trending 






