The police have arrested 295 suspects in connection with various incidents during the Osun State governorship election held on Saturday.
According to Punch, Force spokesman Ani Iniedu said 293 suspects have been released on bail after screening, while two remain in custody for further investigation and prosecution.
“295 suspects were arrested during the election, and 293 have been released on bail after screening. So we have two of them in custody for prosecution,” Iniedu said.
The arrests were made as security agencies stepped up surveillance across the state to prevent violence, vote-buying and other electoral offences.
The police had earlier warned politicians, their supporters and other stakeholders against actions that could disrupt the election, promising to arrest and prosecute anyone found violating the law.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) said it made no arrests during the election.
NSCDC spokesman, Afolabi Babawale, said the Corps deployed security personnel across local government areas and wards to maintain order and respond to potential threats.
He said the deployment included armed and unarmed personnel at polling units and surrounding areas.
“Three fully armed patrol teams, equipped with Hilux vehicles, were stationed in every local government area to maintain a visible deterrent and respond to major incidents,” Babawale said.
He added that three unarmed personnel were deployed to every polling centre, while two armed officers were stationed 500 metres away from each centre.
The arrangement brought the total NSCDC deployment to five personnel per polling unit, according to the Corps.
Trending 







