The Oyo State Government has dismissed reports claiming that students and teachers abducted during an attack on three schools in Oriire Local Government Area of the state had been released.
No fewer than 39 students and seven teachers from a secondary school and two primary schools were abducted on Friday during an attack on the Ahoro Esinele community in Oriire, Oyo State.
According to Punch, viral posts had claimed that the abductees were released on Wednesday.

Responding to an inquiry by Punch, the Special Adviser on Security to Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, Abayomi Fagbenro, described the claims as false, adding that the abductees remained in captivity.
“As of 10:35 am, it’s not true,” Fagbenro said.
The spokesperson for the Oyo State Police Command also dismissed the claims, saying he was not aware of the release of the abductees.
Following the abduction, authorities vowed to secure the release of the victims. Governor Makinde also said efforts were ongoing to secure the release of those abducted.
The Defence Headquarters, in a statement issued on Tuesday, said troops had made contact with the abductors and were working to secure the rescue of the kidnapped students and teachers.
Trending 